Organize a Cleanup Party
If you're from a school, church/synagogue, or community organization in the greater DC area, use the report form to request the snow cleanup help you need this weekend and we'll crowdsource the community to help you in your efforts!
All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
1) Go to the find/offer help page
2) Post your request for help using a title in this format: "School: Washington Elementary School" or "Church: Episcopal Church of Washington"
3) Make sure to specify clearly what your needs are in the body of your report (example: "We've got snow covering all our walkways, we need snowblowers and shovels") and include your location in your report and using the map function. Also, clearly state when you need people to arrive for help this weekend (example: "we're looking for 10 people from the neighborhood to come help at 10am on Saturday").
4) After your report is approved by our team, you can use the link to your report to spread the word. We'll do the same on Twitter (using the #snowcleanup hashtag) and on our Facebook Fan page.
5) Keep checking the comments in your report, and encourage others to post their attendance in the comments of your report.
We'll take these reports and highlight them on Twitter, Facebook, and the Web site! Let's cleanup our schools, churches, and synagogues one snow shovel at a time!